The national rating of the investment climate in the constituent entities of the Russian Federation was developed by the Agency for Strategic Initiatives together with leading business associations (Delovaya Rossiya, Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, OPORA Rossii, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation).
The decision on the need to develop a Rating was made at the Supervisory Board of the Agency for Strategic Initiatives and recorded in the message of the President of Russia to the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation in 2013.
The rating evaluates the efforts of authorities at all levels in the regions to create favorable conditions for doing business. The main part of the indicators is based on surveys of regional entrepreneurs.
The pilot testing of the Rating, which was carried out in April-May 2014, included 21 constituent entities of the Russian Federation, including the Rostov Region, which eventually took 11th place in the overall standings.
Already 76 subjects of the Russian Federation took part in the National Rating of 2015. The presentation of the results of the full-scale rating was held as part of the SPIEF 2015. Rostov Region took 8th place and entered the group of regions with comfortable conditions for business. In terms of positive dynamics, in comparison with last year, the Rostov Region also became one of the leaders, entering the "top three" regions that improved their positions as much as possible, along with Moscow and St. Petersburg.
In order to increase the value of a number of rating indicators in May 2015, the Governor of the Rostov Region V.Yu. Golubev The roadmap for the implementation of the best practices of the National Rating was approved, which included measures to improve the following indicators:
1. The effectiveness of procedures for registration of property rights.
2. Effectiveness of procedures for issuing building permits.
3. The effectiveness of the procedures for connecting electricity.
4. The availability and quality of regional legislation on mechanisms for protecting investors' rights and supporting investment activities.
5. The effectiveness of the regulatory impact assessment institution.
6. The effectiveness of the specialized organization to attract investment and work with investors.
7. Assessment of the quality of telecommunication services.
8. The share of loans granted to small and medium-sized enterprises by commercial entities under the guarantee of regional funds in the total volume of lending.
9. The number of MFCs providing services to small businesses, per 1 thousand small businesses.
In addition, a resolution of the Government of the Rostov Region dated 03.10.2013 No. 622 “On the creation of a working group to organize interagency cooperation to ensure a favorable investment climate in the Rostov region” was adopted, which regulates the composition of the project office, the main task of which is to develop proposals for the implementation of measures provided for by the road a monitoring map for the implementation of the Investment Standard and a roadmap for the Rostov Region for implementing the best practices of the National Rating ence the investment climate in the Russian Federation.