to the decision of the Legislative Assembly of the Rostov region of 10.30.2007 No. 2067
«On approval of the Strategy for socio-economic development of the Rostov region for the period until 2020»
As amended by the decision of the Legislative Assembly of the Rostov Region
from 24.11.2011 № 1752
social and economic development
Rostov region for the period until 2020
The need to adopt the revised Strategy for the socio-economic development of the Rostov Region for the period until 2020
It was approved by the Decree of the Legislative Assembly of the Rostov Region of October 30, 2007 No. 2067, dictated by fundamental changes in the socio-economic situation in Russia and the world as a whole. The consequences of the global financial and economic crisis, which led to changes in monetary and budgetary policies, market conditions in the specialization markets of the Rostov Region, the sphere of employment and incomes of the population, required the introduction of appropriate changes to the current strategy for the long-term socio-economic development of the region. In addition, the introduction of amendments and additions was due to the need to coordinate it with the Strategy for the socio-economic development of the Southern Federal District for the period until 2020 (hereinafter - the Strategy for the Socio-Economic Development of the Southern Federal District).
The main goal of planning the socio-economic development of the Rostov region for the period until 2020 is to create a system for managing the long-term development of the region for executive authorities of the Rostov region. The main ideas are based on the effective use of the resource and market potential of the region in order to ensure a decent quality of life for the population of the Rostov region.
The ideology is the consolidation of the interests of the population, business circles, public organizations and executive authorities of the Rostov region.
Based on the following key principles and approaches:
- Community partnership. The strategy was developed in an interactive way, together with all interested actors: executive authorities of the Rostov region, the Legislative Assembly of the Rostov region, local authorities in the Rostov region, the scientific community, entrepreneurs and public organizations, as well as with the active participation of the population.
- Interconnectedness and complexity. The strategy is consistent with the main development priorities of Russia and the Southern Federal District, identified for the period until 2020. Economic, institutional, infrastructural and social priorities for the development of the region are balanced in the Strategy.
- Priority of the innovative form of development. The strategy lays the foundation and provides the conditions for sustainable innovative development of the territorial socio-economic system of the region, balanced development of society, its economy and the existing natural environment. Innovation is a key priority when choosing directions and development tools in the economy and social sphere.
- Concentration of resources. The strategy takes into account the limited resource base and suggests that the development of the economy of the Rostov region is possible on the basis of the implementation of the most promising areas that can serve as a catalyst for the growth of the entire national economy as an organic unity and interconnection of all sectors of the economy and the non-production sphere, as well as ensure the realization of a synergistic effect.
- Systems approach. The strategy involves the study and consideration of all aspects and aspects of the life of society in the region as a single open system, which includes the historical, ethnic, cultural and religious specifics, the socio-economic sphere, internal competitive advantages and objective limitations, external opportunities, challenges and threats. The Rostov Region in the SEIR RO-2020 is considered not only as a subject in the system of interregional Russian relations, but also as an active participant in international economic, political, cultural and other ties.
- Adaptability. The strategy remains flexible and can be adjusted during the implementation process.
- Realism and concreteness. The strategy is transformed into concrete and realistic investment projects implemented in five major aspects: legal, administrative, financial, spatial and temporal.
- Clarity, accessibility and publicity. The main provisions of the strategy are set out in a form accessible to perception and understanding by all actors in whose interests it was developed. Discussion and construction of conclusions in the process of its development, implementation and subsequent updating was public in nature.
All of these key principles and approaches are of equal importance for developers and, together, constitute an integrated scientific and methodological system that can fully serve as the basis for conclusions and recommendations.
Table of contents
1. Basic provisions and characteristics of the socio-economic system of the Rostov region: competitive advantages, trends, challenges and threats, goals and objectives of the socio-economic development of the Rostov region.
2. Analysis of the current state and main directions of development of key complexes and sectors of the economy.
3. Infrastructure development of the Rostov region.
4. Spatial development and growth zones.
5. Development of the scientific and innovative sphere of the Rostov region.
6. The main directions and prospects of social development of the Rostov region.
7. Long-term priorities of the budget and tax policy of the Rostov region.
8. Implementation management system.